Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Router Chassis Supports The SM-VAM2+

Hello!

I work for a non-profit agency and a donor gave us a generous donation of used Cisco equipment. One of the items is a SM-VAM2+. We tried it in a 7206VXR chassis with a NPE-G2 running 12.4(24)T6 and the router keeps barking that the SM-VAM2+ is not supported in the chassis. We have done searches on the Cisco web site and Google and there is no information regarding the SM-VAM2+ at all (all of the references are for the SA-VAM2+).

The question is if the SM-VAM2+ is supported on the 7206VXR with another version of IOS or what router supports the SM-VAM2+?

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I found this reference. Table 1 there indicates IOS 12.3(6a) or (6f) on the 7204, 7206 (NOT the VXR model) or 7301 should be compatible.

It looks like a pretty niche product that may have no practical use in your infrastructure.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I found this reference. Table 1 there indicates IOS 12.3(6a) or (6f) on the 7204, 7206 (NOT the VXR model) or 7301 should be compatible.

It looks like a pretty niche product that may have no practical use in your infrastructure.

Hello Marvin!

Thank you for responding and for your information.

The link your provided in your response is only for Cisco Partners, but I did find the document available on the Cisco web site that contains the same information. The module listed is the SM-VAM2 and not the SM-VAM2+ This is the problem...the SM-VAM2+ is not listed in any Cisco documentation. I have a feeling that the module is for the 7301 router, but I would like to know for certain.

Again, thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: