cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where do you configure subnet mask for VPN client by using "ip local pool"?

djkim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When you set up Cisco VPN client on PIX515 v 6.3(3), network mask can't be added. e.g. "ip local pool ippool 10.1.1.1-10.1.1.10". "ip local pool" automatically use 255.0.0.0. I would like to set network mask with 24 bit. Can you please help if anyone knows how to set subnet mask for ip local pool?

Appreciate your hlep..

Regards, DJ

3 Replies 3

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. you can only specify IP pool addresses without subnet mask however this should not stop from doing whatever you need to do ... Is there any reason whyc you would like the mask to be /24 instead of /8 assigned by the PIX to your remote clients ..?

Hi,

One reasoon is that ip addresses in the Ip local pool is going to be part of our internal network range. I thought sunbnet mask assigned for VPN client has to be also matched to our network mask, so that routing would work properly within our internal network. Pls correct me if I am wromg. Thanks, DJ

Vikas Saxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In PIX code 6.3.4 you have the option to apply subnet mask with the local pool statement.

PIX code 6.3(4) is available freely.

ip local pool pool_name pool_start_address[-pool_end_address] [mask mask]

-Vikas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: