Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 64 bit with symantec endpoint, quickvpn to RV220W

edso121212
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a RV220W.

From the web there seems to be alot of problems with people getting their Windows 7 PCs connected to the RV220W.

There will be a couple of windows 7 64 bit laptops running symantec that spend some time in the office and the goal would be sometime connected via vpn when they are out of the office.

It's unclear from looking around the web if this will work. I called pre-sales tech and they could not assure me that it would work.

I am sure many people here have tried just such a setup and I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Ed

1 Reply 1

edso121212
Level 1
Level 1

Well, since I could get no information or help (in the past 26 days) , I purchased a Sonicwall tz205. It setup like a dream and VPN is working great.

As a user of many Cisco devices (routers, switches, voice switches, etc...) I found the prospects of the RV220W to be very disappointing.

I cannot see how I could ever recommend this device to any of my clients and the fact that phone support didn't even know if it would work correctly is beyond comprehension.

The Sonicwall folks had no problem assuring me that the configuration I would be using would be no problem.... and it was not.

Thanks,

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: