Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

windows 7 connect to asa using ipsec/ikev2/ssl

has anyone been able to connect to an ipsec or ssl vpn on an ASA using the built-in clients that windows 7 has? I would like to know if it is possible and how to do so with out installing a software client. Windows vista and XP could do connect to a vpn concentrator 3000 if pptp was enabled using the builtin client but I would like to do so with ipsec or ssl.

• VPN
3 REPLIES

Re: windows 7 connect to asa using ipsec/ikev2/ssl

Hi,

You can connect to the ASA using L2TP/IPsec using the standard OS (without a VPN client on the host machine).

Federico.

I tried adding the extra high-security proposals that windows vista and 7 use and a separate security group but I still could not connect my windows 7 laptop to my ASA.

If the ASA has a plain IPsec server configuration, then you need the IPsec client to connect from your computer.

If you configure L2TP/IPsec on the ASA, then you can connect without the VPN client.

Here's the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa81/config/guide/l2tp_ips.html

Federico.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.