Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 64-Bit AnyConnect Crash

Running Windows 8.1 (64-bit) with AnyConnect version 3.1.05170

I can connect without issue, but after an indeterminate amount of time and seemingly unrelated to whatever task I'm working on, the system crashes.  BSOD with the little sad face.

I've seen at least one other post regarding this issue but, for some reason, when I tried to reply there, the UI didn't let me enter any text.  Just prompted for a file upload.

Is there a fix for this issue available?

Thanks.

J

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

I have the same configuration

I have the same configuration and problem even with 3.1.06073 (latest).  My VPNwill connect and start and then hang.  If I look at the statistics I'll see Bytes being sent but the Received count will stop at 19880 bytes.  I have been able to work around this sometimes by re-installing but that doesn't always work.  Usually I just have to keep trying, uninstalling, re-installing and eventually it'll start working.  This is very frustrating.

1. Open the Windows Registry

1. Open the Windows Registry editor with the 'regedit' run command

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | System | CurrentControlSet | Services | vpnva

3. Modify the value of the field 'DisplayName' to this:

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64

4. If you are running on the 32-bit version of Windows, leave off the x64 part

5. Close regedit

You'll notice when editing this value, it will initially contain something like:

"@oem48.inf,%vpnva_Desc%;Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64

The extra garbage at the beginning is what prevents the client from working properly

6. Go to Properties of the AnyConnect network connection

set properties of IPV4 to obtain address automatically

disable IPV6

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content