Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Windows 8.1 SSL VPN with Smart Tunnel bookmarks

I have something that I came across today with regards to a new windows 8.1 user. He is connecting to our ASA 5520 VPN using SSL connection as the rest of my sales force and connects fine. He goes through the same logon process as the rest of my users and received the bookmarks just as any other user. The issue starts when he selects one of the smart tunnel bookmarks that we have in that eventually he gets a message after going through several java allow type messages that the host in the bookmark cannot be reached. Since this is one of my first SSL configurations I am not sure how to troubleshoot the issue from the client side. I think I need to see if this is a connection issue in that DNS is being interfered with so name cannot be resolved or if a routing issue of simply not being able to access the IP address for some reason. We have narrowed it down to something up that specific laptop that is affecting both IE and Firefox. Here is what I have so far...

Windows 8.1

Java 7 update 67

IE version 11

Firefox version 32.03

Any thoughts or suggestions on what to look at next? Could this be an issue from the ASA side? I am running 9.1(2) currently on the ASA 5520.

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies