Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Sometimes I have this problem

Sometimes I have this problem too, to solve this problem desactivate and reactivate your network system adapter, sometimes this require do it a few times.

Community Member

Windows 8 installation of VPN Client Software (x86 64-bit versio

Hi Franco,

I run into same problem today on win8 pc and you should check if the routes are present for remote network when you connect to vpn (check route print). If you don't have routes, you should then add routes manualy or in the script.

Highlighted
Community Member

Re: Windows 8 installation of VPN Client Software (x86 64-bit ve

Un-intsall all versiosn of the VPN software.

If you right click on the installer file, go to properties and set the installer to compatability mode.

Then run the installer.

Community Member

Hi Ryan

Still have problem even i losest my network connection using compatability mode

Community Member

Pawan,

Install Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer to solve Cisco IPSec VPN issue with Windows 8/8.1. Check below guide,

http://www.vmwareandme.com/2013/12/solved-windows-8-and-windows-81-cisco.html

Community Member

Thanks Santosh for sharing this link with us and i will try this and update you

thx

Pawan

Community Member

This article got the Cisco VPN client working for me on Windows 8.1 64bit.

http://supertekboy.com/2013/10/19/cisco-vpn-on-windows-8-1-reason-442-failed-to-enable-virtual-adapter/

Community Member

Apparently the Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 5.0.07.0440 does not have the registry issue described.  

However my question is does the Icon09DB8A851.exe serve any purpose on startup and, if it does, what purpose?

On a somewhat related note: If Cisco is a Microsoft partner, why didn't Microsoft provide a native VPN client?

cisco-vpn-01.png    cisco-vpn-02.png

Message was edited by: Robert Ebers

Community Member

Thats doubtful. That build was released March 2011, and was the version to officially support Windows 7 64bit.

I just downloaded that build to my 8.1 laptop a few weeks ago and needed the reg hack.

Community Member

Don't know what to tell you Gareth.  I installed on 2014-01-19 @ 07:59 and had no issues that required a reghack.

In any event, let's get back to the issue described in the title:

Windows 8 installation of VPN Client Software (x86 64-bit version) results in "Icon09DB8A851.exe" on startup task

What's the deal with the startup executable?

What does it do?  Is it necessary? 

I am not fond of apps running on startup.

Community Member

Hi I have installed and config to my client a ASA 5515 and everything is fine but. When I config L2TP/IPSEC VPN for the remote work bang I have a problem. When I config L2TP/IPSEC VPN to Windows 7 with native client on Windows everything is fine, but in Windows 8.1 is bad on 1 hour after VPN connection Windows 8.1 tries to renegotiate the connection and something happens and the connection is disconnected.

LOG:

Feb 14   2014

14:53:07

Group =   DefaultRAGroup, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Security negotiation complete   for User () Responder, Inbound SPI = 0x869df107, Outbound SPI = 0xfb02e574

Feb 14   2014

16:41:08

Group =   DefaultRAGroup, Username = s.choraliev, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Session disconnected. Session   Type: L2TPOverIPsecOverNatT, Duration: 1h:48m:01s, Bytes xmt: 29765217, Bytes   rcv: 9633270, Reason: L2TP initiated

Feb 14   2014

16:41:09

Group =   DefaultRAGroup, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, PHASE 1 COMPLETED

Feb 14   2014

IPSEC: An   outbound remote access SA (SPI= 0x805CA50C) between XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (user= DefaultRAGroup) has been   created.

Feb 14   2014

Group =   DefaultRAGroup, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Security negotiation complete   for User () Responder, Inbound SPI = 0x9a7f5ac6, Outbound SPI = 0x805ca50c

Feb 14   2014

Group =   DefaultRAGroup, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, PHASE 2 COMPLETED   (msgid=00000001)

And the VPN session is stack.test.jpg

test1.jpg

Community Member

Yeeeaaaaahhhh the fix from Gareth Gudger worked.  Who the hell know that Citrix would step up to the plate and fix the problem, and thank god cause i didnt want to by any connect licenses now.  Cisco... if you support this type of connection to your ASA devices than you need to support the client properly for current day OS as well. 

http://www.vmwareandme.com/2013/12/solved-windows-8-and-windows-81-cisco.html#.Uw96VvldVSc

Community Member

For anyone still having

For anyone still having issues with Windows 8 x64, give TheGreenBow VPN Client a try. It's maintained, has a free trail and is supported by the developers.

Community Member

I can confirm the reg hack

I can confirm the reg hack still works

Windows 8 and Cisco (IPSEC) VPN Client

Pete

Community Member

hi the best vpn software to

hi

the best vpn software to be used for windows8 will be "schrew soft vpn clinet" for cisco based IPSEC remote access clients.

even you can import .pcf file into this software and it is free. there are 2 versions in that standard version is free and that is enough to work cisco vpn client.

dont try cisco vpn client software on windows 8 it is always issue. upto windows 7 it is perfect.

if this is helpful rate it

cyril

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content