cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows/Unix through PIX

cmarinos
Level 1
Level 1

- I'm trying to segment my internal network and have my internal servers ie mail, file etc. segmented from my inside/client network. All this is in place with everything open. I would like to know if there is a "master list" of default ports which i need to have opened so that my clients can map their network drives as well as get to their email.

- Also, I would like to ensure that this traffic is only allowed to the other Server/DMZ and not going outside. Can anyone lead me to some possible documentation and some sample configs?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

for drive mapping,

tcp 137 (netbios-ns)

tcp 138 (netbios-dgm)

tcp 139 (netbios-ssn)

tcp 445 (microsoft-ds)

when i tested it, the only required ports are 139 and 445. included the other two just in case.

for email,

tcp 25 (smtp)

tcp 110 (pop3)

tcp 143 (imap)

depends on what sort of client you are using, e.g with outlook you may use imap whereas with outlook express you may use pop3 and smtp.

also, for email server to receive email from the internet, you will need at least port 25 permitted on the pix outside interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: