cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Working with a mixed VPN clients on my Desktop

terrythompson
Level 1
Level 1

3 of the companies I do tech support for use different VPN clients. Everytime I have to connect with one of my clients computers, I'm having to uninstall the VPN client on my computer and reinstall the VPN client they are using. Is there a way to have all 3 client installed on my computer at the same time (cisco client, nortel, and sonicwall)

4 Replies 4

jasobrown
Level 1
Level 1

I am not 100% sure with the 2 VPN Clients you defined but they might be the same as with Checkpoint. You can just go under your network adapter and see if they install a driver that you can disable.

With Cisco you get "Deterministic Network Enhancer"

With Checkpoint you get "Checkpoint SecurRemote"

and you can toggle between the 2 by selecting one and deselecting the other.

Hopefully this helps.

The Nortel Client and Cisco client are working harmoniously, going to do some more testing tonight, I will let you know the final results. I know I install the Cisco Client 1st then I believe I disabled the deterministic network enhancer miniport, then install the Nortel client. Further testing tonight. Is it normal for me not to be able to connect to my local network when I have a vpn connection to a customer’s site?

lchen2
Level 1
Level 1

Which cisco vpn client version you are using? VPN Client 4.0+ integrated the Virtual Adapter technology which is supposed to handle the multi-vendor-client-coexist-issue better.

koksm
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the Cisco en Checkpoint clients, and they seem to work perfectly besides each other. Untill....

When i use a dial up connection (like ISDN) the checkpoint client doesn't work anymore. VPN connections through LAN or WLAN continue to work.

When i de-install the cisco client, the CP client starts working again when using dial up...