Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Working with a mixed VPN clients on my Desktop

3 of the companies I do tech support for use different VPN clients. Everytime I have to connect with one of my clients computers, I'm having to uninstall the VPN client on my computer and reinstall the VPN client they are using. Is there a way to have all 3 client installed on my computer at the same time (cisco client, nortel, and sonicwall)

4 REPLIES

Re: Working with a mixed VPN clients on my Desktop

I am not 100% sure with the 2 VPN Clients you defined but they might be the same as with Checkpoint. You can just go under your network adapter and see if they install a driver that you can disable.

With Cisco you get "Deterministic Network Enhancer"

With Checkpoint you get "Checkpoint SecurRemote"

and you can toggle between the 2 by selecting one and deselecting the other.

Hopefully this helps.

The Nortel Client and Cisco client are working harmoniously, going to do some more testing tonight, I will let you know the final results. I know I install the Cisco Client 1st then I believe I disabled the deterministic network enhancer miniport, then install the Nortel client. Further testing tonight. Is it normal for me not to be able to connect to my local network when I have a vpn connection to a customer’s site?

Which cisco vpn client version you are using? VPN Client 4.0+ integrated the Virtual Adapter technology which is supposed to handle the multi-vendor-client-coexist-issue better.

I am using the Cisco en Checkpoint clients, and they seem to work perfectly besides each other. Untill....

When i use a dial up connection (like ISDN) the checkpoint client doesn't work anymore. VPN connections through LAN or WLAN continue to work.

When i de-install the cisco client, the CP client starts working again when using dial up...

Views
Helpful
Replies