Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRV210 VPN configuration. HELP!!

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have setup VPN devices before in different environments succesfully. This one is fighting me.

I will detail my environment.

My ISP is Comcast Business. I am leveraging a Netgear CG3000dcr. My internal IP is 10.1.10.1

I have enabled port forwarding on the Netgear device for 1723, 443, 1701, 500, 450 and 4500 to 10.1.10.2 which is my wrv210.

On the wrv210 i have configured "Tunnel A" with "local secure group" subnet 10.1.10.0/255.255.255.255.

Remote secure group and remote secure Gateway as "any".

I have configured my user name and password. Additionally I have installed the client found here on the laptop-->

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414014&release=1.4.0.5&softwareid=282465795&sortparam=

I have also generated the PEM file and placed it in the appropriate folder on the remote laptop within Program Files.

I have configured the client and tested internally and get an error. If I take the PEM out, it tells me that there is "Server's certificate doesnt exist on your local computer." I have tested externally and get the same error. When i put the PEM back it still crashes but I dont get the certificate error message.

I have called Comcast and they verified that nothing in their control is blocking me. I have called Cisco and they expressed that the service support on this device ended on Jan 2013. Their recommendation was to initiate this thread in the community and/or to extend the warranty another 3 years at 1/10 the initial purchase price.

Can someone please give me some insight??

PS. If I have not included enough information or screen shots are needed, please ask?

Thank you in advance,

Patrick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content