Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRVS4400N and iPhone VPN

Greetings everyone,

I was very interested by the Cisco Small Business WRVS4400N router and all its features.

But before buying I would like to understand one key point and could not really find anwsers while searching the web.

I currently have an iPhone and need to connect to my home via a VPN whether it's for securing traffic when on a public hotspot or need to access some remote resources.

I understood that this router requires to use the Cisco QuickVPN client on computers, but is it possible to create a working VPN connection to this router on my iPhone ? "simple" L2TP ? OR is the native Cisco VPN client on it sufficient ?

In advance, thank you !

Zorglub

2 REPLIES

Re: WRVS4400N and iPhone VPN

Hi..

Did you ever resolve your problem? I'm faced with the same troubles right now...

/rimeligraket

Re: WRVS4400N and iPhone VPN

Unfotunetly the cisco WRVS4400 doesn't support iphone vpn client which is based on the cisco vpn client and is doing a vpn over IPSEC. The only possibility to do the VPN is to have after the router a host based VPN server which support the protocols or a minimum 800 series cisco router in order to be able to login with the iphone.

Views
Helpful
Replies