cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1 IP Address Subnet

heron98105
Level 1
Level 1

The isp providing the wan connectivity at the remote office is providing this static ip address:

IP Address:            24.24.24.24

Subnet Mask:     255.255.255.255

Gateway:               24.24.24.24

I need to create a wan connection that I can then use on the outside of my router and connect back to our main office with a

site to site VPN

Having only the one ip address which is also the gateway with the /32 subnet mask feels wrong.

Is this possible? Or is the information I am getting from the ISP incorrect?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI,

Your provider allocated to you a static public /32 IP but this is maybe not wrong.

This could be correct if you e.g. have an ADSL link and you want to always have the same static public IP assigned by your ISP.

Is that the case? Or are you going to have e.g.  a leased line when in this case you need a /30 subnet?

HTH

Vasilis

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

ask your ISP again. you should get at least a /30 IP.

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Providing it how? Some modem, serial, Ethernet?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HI,

Your provider allocated to you a static public /32 IP but this is maybe not wrong.

This could be correct if you e.g. have an ADSL link and you want to always have the same static public IP assigned by your ISP.

Is that the case? Or are you going to have e.g.  a leased line when in this case you need a /30 subnet?

HTH

Vasilis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: