Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1000base sx link between Cisco and HP Switch

Hi all,

i try to get connected a Cisco 3500 Switch and a HP Procurve 5300 Switch via 1000base sx. On the Cisco i have a GBIC 1000base sx and on the HP i have a SFP 1000base sx modul. Both Switches are cabled directly with an 50/125 cable. When the configuration ist on both switches full duplex and speed 1000, i just get the Cisco interface up/up. But the HP switch does not have a link. When i set the configuration on the interfaces to full duplex and autonegotiation, then the Cisco is down/down and the HP switch interface i up.

Does anbody already set up an 1000base sx link betwenn cisco and HP switches?

thanks,

Oliver

4 REPLIES

Re: 1000base sx link between Cisco and HP Switch

hi,

Have you tried to go with auto speed and auto duplex in both ends ? I know the Catalyst 3750, with 1000baseT, have a problem when you try to force it to a speed.

Martin

Hi Martin,

yes, i have tried every possibilities regarding speed and duplex on both ends.

Oliver

I know that HP and Cisco have BIG problems when we talk about 802.1q trunck, maybe you could talk to your HP pusher.

Martin

i know cisco buys it's fiber moduls and gbic cards from HP. it can not be a hardware disharmony since the source is same(HP)

Martin has a point HP should have the solid answer

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content