Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

128mb.sdf file deployment question

I am trying to manage 25 1841 ISR routers and i wondered does a product exist that will allow me to automate the deployment of the attact signature sdf file instead of manaully FTP'ing the 128mb.sdf file to each router. Cisco Works will deploy IOS images but it won't deploy the SDF file. Correct me if i am wrong. Also if there is a module in ciscoworks that i missed please feel free and let me know. I am asking this because the onboard IPS does provide a good IDS/IPS value and I will be doing a network upgrade that will add 53 more 2800's in the future. it would be nice to not have to program my own script to do this.

2 REPLIES

Re: 128mb.sdf file deployment question

Thanks alot. We own a VMS license but QPM blew it up. so it is currently not available to me to check out. But based on your links I have a really good feeling i can get this to work. I did note in the second link that the 1800 2800 and 3800 ISR routers were not listed as supported but IPS/IDS ver 5.1 was indicated and the distribution to flash cards "implies" that it should work so cross your fingers thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies