cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1700 series WAN moving to 2800 series router

YCLSYSADMIN
Level 1
Level 1

We recently purchased a 2811 router, and we currently have a 1700 series router that has a WAN connection labeled WIC 1-ENET. What interface card do I have to purchase in order to get the same result with the 2811 series router if at all possible? Thank you for your time.

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Troy,

The WIC-1ENET card simply provided an additional Ethernet port for your 1700 router. The 2811 router already has two FastEthernet built-in ports so you do not have to purchase any additional modules if the two built-in FastEthernet ports meet your current needs.

Best regards,

Peter

I have not done much with business routers, but we have a 1700 series with a WAN WIC-1ENET card with a RJ45 connection. We had a T1 line and will be moving to ehternet. We are going to be moving to a 20MB line, and i just wanted to make sure I have the right connections before installing.

We also have a T1 line in another loaton and would be moving to this same 2811 router there as well.

We would also like to copy over the configuration from 1700 series router to the 2811 router. Would it be easier to do it by hyper-terminal? If not what is your suggestion?

Thank you again for your time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: