cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1720 over T-1 not running apps

wgraff
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 remote sites connecting to a main location. The remotes have 1720s and the main site has 1 1720 with 2 csu cards. The 1 remote site works fine running the app and transferring files. The other site is configured the same yet it can only connect up via terminal services with no problem. If we try to transfer a file of any size it just times out and looks like the connection is dropped. New routers new csu's. T-1 lines has been thoroughly checked and supposedly no problems. Wiring has been checked, tried new switches, new patch cables. At a loss at this time as to why terminal services work but can't transfer files of any size.

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you share the config of the respective routers here ?

regds

jasonrandolph
Level 1
Level 1

Anything odd about these connections? Tunnels of some sort? Fragmentation of packets not being permitted?

Nothing unusual, no VPN's we have 3 other locations with basically the same configuration other then the ip subnet and have no problems with those connections.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, in my expereince, this kind of strange problems is invariably caused by packet loss. So, with repeated "clear counter", application of traffic like packet generators, sweep ping, and accurate examination of "show interface", you should be able to pinpoint in which direction and where the packets are lost.

I would agree that it is some kind of packet problem since terminal services works on the other 15 stations with no major issues. Just having a problem trouble shooting this issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card