cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1801 password recovery

dylan.ebner
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do a simple password recovery on a 1801 Fixed ISR. Cisco documentation points me to the common method of hitting the "BREAK" key on startup. This does not seem to work on three different routers. I have tried two PC's as well and still no luck. I have also tried three different terminal emulators and gone through the Cisco document on what to do if the "Break Sequence" doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea? I cannot open a TAC because I do not have my service contract yet. Please help.

1 Reply 1

Hi,

Just wondering, could the command 'no service password-recovery' is configured in the router. If it is then that would disable access to ROMMON mode. RMA is your only option in that case. You can verify this when the router starts booting up it will say something like 'password recovery functionality is disabled'. 'I hope that's not the case with you.

HTH,

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card