I've got 2 1811 routers, one in each office. FE0 on each router is connecting a 100Mb metro, and FE1 is an Internet connection.
We upgraded our Internet connection from a T1 to 10Mbs fiber. Our ISP put a 1900 router up for us on each end and I've tested speeds directly from the 1900 port with a laptop and was getting good speed both up and down.
I plugged it into our 1811 (which handles our Internet access/firewall/metro), changed the IP addresses accordingly, but we now only get about 3Mbs download, (upload is ok at 9.5Mbs). I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be, help?
Well based on your statement, it is on the ISP. and technically, the ISP did not fail to give you your speed, since your PL is 9.5Mbps.
Do know that the internet is Asynchronous, meaning that DL speed is not equal to UL speed. It constantly varies, depending on demand. Though you always have the option to contact the ISP why your DL is lower the UL.
I contacted them first and they said because I was getting high up and down with my laptop, then low down when I plugged it into the 1811. The issue is with the 1811. They checked the circuit on thier side and said all is ok. I've attached my current config.
but last night after everyone left (no traffic), I ran tests directly connected to the ISP 1900 with a laptop and was getting 8.5Mbs down. then minutes later after connecting our 1811 in, I was getting 3 down, and it has remained around 3Mbs ever since. I can't chalk that one up to traffic variations, any other possibilities?
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...