Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1841 and DMZ

I'm trying to create what I think is a fairly straightforward configuration, but I'm stuggling to find examples, etc to help me out.

I have an existing router attached to a broadband device that is supplying 192.168.1.x natted addresses behind it. What I would like to do is add an 1841 router to the setup, have the upstream router deliver traffic on 192.168.2.x (my new DMZ) and have the 1841 on 192.168.1.x (FE0/0) and 192.168.2.x (FE0/1). I want to (of course) allow my 192.168.1.x traffic to route through the DMZ and out to the public internet, and I want to allow unlimited access from internal to the DMZ, but I want very limited access from the DMZ back to internal. I'm struggling with getting basic routing from internal to the other router set up. I'm using 12.4 and SDM. If someone could refer me to a whitepaper/sample config/etc I would greatly appreciate it.

1 REPLY

Re: 1841 and DMZ

Nevermind, there was something funky in the shipped configuration. After blowing away the startup-config and creating from the ground up, all is well.

Views
Helpful
Replies