Helpful
Replies

1841 ISR series

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have few queries about VPN module in 1841 ISR :

a. whether there is On-Board AIM installed in 1841 ?

b. Why we install external(daughter card) AIM-VPN/EPII plus module ?

Are there any serparate commands to enable on board AIM & AIm-VPN/EPII PLUS module ?

regds,

aman

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The native VPN module in all ISR routers is soldered to the motherboard, is not an AIM.

You would install additional AIM modules as required by the cyphered throughput (must be a lot).

There are no commands required to use them, it's automatic.

Hope this helps. Please rate all useful posts!

View solution in original post

Hello Aman,

I have found out a DMVPN test results document for you, which will give an idea about the router performances using on-board VPN and AIM VPN module:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns171/c649/ccmigration_09186a0080739fd3.pdf

HTH,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The native VPN module in all ISR routers is soldered to the motherboard, is not an AIM.

You would install additional AIM modules as required by the cyphered throughput (must be a lot).

There are no commands required to use them, it's automatic.

Hope this helps. Please rate all useful posts!

Thanks...

Can I get some document where I can performance related to this?

aman

Hello Aman,

I have found out a DMVPN test results document for you, which will give an idea about the router performances using on-board VPN and AIM VPN module:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns171/c649/ccmigration_09186a0080739fd3.pdf

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi Amit,

Thanks for document...

Aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card