Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 Router Performance

nickehunt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have been trying to dind this information and have not been able to find anything in the Cisco documentation. Hopefully someone here can help me.

Anyways, I am looking at purchasing an 1841 router for office but I need to make sure if can handle a large number of new connections per second and large number of concurrent connections. We only have a few people in the office, but run some programs that have large number of connections per second and concurrent connections. I have been looking around and could not find what the 1841, with a FW feature set, will support in terms of connections per second and concurrent connections. Does anyone know what these stats are?

Also, if I go with the 8-port switch module, does anyone know if you can assign each port of the switch to a separate vlan and do intra-vlan routing between ports on the module? I'm not sure if the switch shows up as one interface or if each port is a separate interface on the router allowing for different vlan's.

Thanks for the help

5 Replies 5

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1.Cisco 1841 supports upto 800VPN Tunnels with AIM module.

2.HWIC-4ESW , HWIC-D-9ESW , you can assign ports to different vlans.

3.A total of 15 VLANs are supported by an EtherSwitch HWIC.

4.This is a pure L2 switch module , no intervlan routing between ports on the module.

5.It will show ech port as seprate interface on the router.

HTH..rate if helpful..

Satish

Thanks for the help. I got the VPN tunnels for concurrent tunnels, but do you know the number of concurrent connections the router will support with the FW feature set?

Thanks

Nick

Prav

Thanks for the information, this was very helpful.

In terms of the switch module, do you know if you can assign virtual dot1q interfaces on the router for intra-vlan routing between vlans on the switch module?

Thanks

Nick

I am soory but unable to understand what you want to do with virtual dat1Q interface.

i am sure you are aware that you can create a interface as a trunk on router and sub interface with dot1Q for intervlan routing for the vlans on the switch.

You need to have a physical interface to be connected mostly it would not be possible using virtual interface.

let us know what you want to do in you network design.

regards,

pravin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: