Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1841 Router- Routing config with 2 T1 CSU\DSU WICs installed

I am hoping someone can help me with the following configuration. This may be an elementary configuration but I am just really getting started working with Cisco routing so any help would be much appreciated. I have I have a Cisco 1841 router with 2 WIC T1 CSU\DSU cards installed. I have two internal networks, one connected to Ethernet 0/0 and one connected to Ethernet 0/1 on the 1841. I want all traffic leaving the network connected to Ethernet 0/0 only to be routed to the T1 connected to the wic on Serial 0/0 and all the traffic coming from the network connected to Ethernet 0/1 only to be routed to the T1 connect to the wic on Serial 0/1. Please advise on proper configuration to make this work and\or documentation on a configuration like this. I really appreciate any help.

Regards,

JPS

2 REPLIES

Re: 1841 Router- Routing config with 2 T1 CSU\DSU WICs installed

What you want to do can be achieved by the use of policy routing. Please have a look at the following URL to learn it's features:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009481d.shtml

Regards,

Leo

Purple

Re: 1841 Router- Routing config with 2 T1 CSU\DSU WICs installed

Hi,

You need to use policy-based routing to accomplish this. Try the following configuration:

int ethernet0/0

ip policy route-map PBR1

!

int ethernet0/1

ip policy route-map PBR2

!

policy-map PBR1

set interface serial0/0:

!

policy-map PBR2

set interface serial0/1:

Replace channel-group with your actual channel-group numbers.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content