cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 Router- Routing config with 2 T1 CSU\DSU WICs installed

hstockard
Level 1
Level 1

I am hoping someone can help me with the following configuration. This may be an elementary configuration but I am just really getting started working with Cisco routing so any help would be much appreciated. I have I have a Cisco 1841 router with 2 WIC T1 CSU\DSU cards installed. I have two internal networks, one connected to Ethernet 0/0 and one connected to Ethernet 0/1 on the 1841. I want all traffic leaving the network connected to Ethernet 0/0 only to be routed to the T1 connected to the wic on Serial 0/0 and all the traffic coming from the network connected to Ethernet 0/1 only to be routed to the T1 connect to the wic on Serial 0/1. Please advise on proper configuration to make this work and\or documentation on a configuration like this. I really appreciate any help.

Regards,

JPS

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

What you want to do can be achieved by the use of policy routing. Please have a look at the following URL to learn it's features:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009481d.shtml

Regards,

Leo

Hi,

You need to use policy-based routing to accomplish this. Try the following configuration:

int ethernet0/0

ip policy route-map PBR1

!

int ethernet0/1

ip policy route-map PBR2

!

policy-map PBR1

set interface serial0/0:

!

policy-map PBR2

set interface serial0/1:

Replace channel-group with your actual channel-group numbers.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card