cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 shows alarm on Serial0/0/0

clevejayb
Level 1
Level 1

I have new 1841 on my end of a T-1 point-to-point connection. On an all too regular basis, the Serial interface shows that it's down and the AL light on the WIC card is lit. Since it's right next to the ATT smartjack for the T-1, I can check it for problems. Most every time, the smartjack shows all green. I've had ATT run loopback tests when this happens and they usually claim nothing is wrong with the link. The 1841 is currently showing doing this as I type.

Oddly (to me), if put the 1841 in loopback, the alarm light usually goes out, but comes back on immediately when the loopback exits.

Any ideas as to what's going on here. I need ammunition to beat on the ATT folks, and before you ask, I do not possess any BERT test gear or other T-1 instruments.

TIA,

Jay

2 Replies 2

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Try to reload the router.Then after a reload try with clear service-module.Refer URL for the command

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a0080093c56.shtml#c16

Good command to know, thanks alot. The serial interface has been behaving as of late, but I'll give this a try next time it fails. (They seem to happen in spurts.)

--

Jay

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card