cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 voip and data

lkatsaros
Level 1
Level 1

this us our first remote site that we want to implement voip and data over a PPP circuit. on the remote site we are using an Avaya 350 gateway using digital phones not IP phones. does the 1841 provide voip services I read it does passthough only? not sure what that means. we just need to config QOS for voice and data. also if it can provide our need what WIC is required.

thanks

2 Replies 2

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

The 1800 series of routers do not support any of the voice modules. This means you cannot interface the router with any PSTN services. It also means that it cannot run a voice IOS which would allow Cisco IP phones to register with it. It can apply to QoS on already packetized voice traffic.

HTH

-mike

are you familiar with the Avaya Definity s8400 or the 350 gateway? from my understanding the IP base system is for

communication between the gateway and definity on IP phones no IP phones at the remote site using digital off the 350 gateway

let me now

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card