Views
Helpful
Replies

1921 router dual wan simple confuguration

ianmatchett
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

I am looking to set up my 1921 with a very simple set up, no real internal network structure required, mostly access points and unmanaged switches and devices connecting dhcp. Therefore there is no need for specific subnets or anything else. Simple. 

We have two broadband accounts that I had hoped to have through the router to the rest of the network. We have a 4port gigabit ethernet card in the router too. 

I have basic config set up, can connect to the router through configuration professional and getting more and more familiar with CLI although am a novice in networking terms. 

I guess I am looking for basic config help that would suit the needs. 

Simple things, like I can't get the router to give an ip address out dhcp wise. I am not sure what vlans to set up. A potential issue once I get the router connected to our modems is that they both have the same ip address set(by bt, hard coded) and I do not think the router has a modem built in correct? 

Lots of questions, looking for guidance and help. 

Ian

4 Replies 4

Hi ,

Do you configure broadband connection directly to your router / extended LAN link from your Broad Band router ?? . 

You want internal user connected to router to be assigned with DHCP IP address ?? 

HTH

Sandy

At the minute I am still working with the initial set up, trying to get as much done before I remove the existing hardware and put the 1921 into the system.

When I do I think I will set the current routers as bridges and use the 1921 to do all the work. 

Currently I am having difficulty knowing what config to use. Any advice or sample config much appreciated! 

Ian

Hi ,

What is your current hardware ?? You can use below for simple router configuration . 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1900/hardware/installation/guide/1900_HIG/19pwrup.html

HTH

Sandy

I have gone through the initial setup guides and have managed to do most if not all that is required. However I am still not able to get the router to assign an ip address when I plug into to it through one of the extra lan ports.

Also, trying to get my head around what network ethos(dhcp pools, etc) to use, with the limitation of my modems, both of which are set to 192.168.1.254. I knw this is outside of the scope of this forum, but thought I would ask anyway!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card