Views
Helpful
Replies

1941W PPTP routing

j_friedrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am just learning the ropes with this stuff, so go easy on me;)

Anyways, just acquired a 1941W and want to accomplish the following.....

I have setup a pptp connection thru strongvpn.  I want to segregate traffic to allow an ip or range of ip's to access the internet thru the pptp link.  Also, I want them to see local traffic on the same subnet to access file resources and so on.  However, I don't want ALL traffic to go out of the PPTP link.  Certain devices will use this PPTP link, other devices will use the ISP address.

Not sure how to accomplish this.

Weblinks / tutorials and or commands are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Jason

2 Replies 2

M-Hassanien
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Jason,

Can you clarify the current setup with a drawing if possible?

The router is a client terminating a PPTP / L2TP connection.  I haven't decided which to use yet.  So, a range of IP's will use this connection to access the internet.  For example, using StrongVPN as the PPTP / L2TP service.  Other IP's will use the local ISP generated IP.  Not sure how to do the routes...

Possible on one WAN interface?  OR one WAN interface for the ISP IP and the other for the PPTP/L2TP tunnel?  I would prefer to use the one WAN interface.  I know I can do it with 2 WAN interfaces.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card