Views
Helpful
Replies

2 links on same router

maskmukesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 Mpls links from two service providers terminating on same router how can i load balance them efficiently.

regards

Mukesh Dahiya

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mukesh

is it normal point to point link connecting your locations or is it connecting to SP's MPLS cloud ? or is it a plain internet link ?

if its normal point to point between your locations you can define either per packet or per session load balancing based on the kinda applications ur using up over there.

if u r using voice over there between ur locations then try avoid using per packet load balancing but if voice is not there then u can go ahead n do with per packet load balancing which will be more uniform..

If its connecting to your SP's cloud then you need to check out for latency in reaching ur remote locations via individual SP to configure load balancing..

In case of internet then you better make use the links for redundancy purpose instead trying out ur hand in load balancing with NAT etc., which will in turn degrade the performance instead..

But in this case if you have your own ip block then you can think about segmenting them and have load balancing with different SP's..

regds

Dear Prem,

Hi, this is MPLS link from 2 different SP and that is going to SP cloud.

This 2 are terminating on the same router.

regards

Mukesh

Hi BR,

Thanks i think this will solve my issue.

regards

Mukesh

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Where are the links terminating at the other end. Generally if you are the customer, then your remote office is connected to you just as a P2P lease line. You wont know the difference. If that is so, then I assume that both the links are terminated in the same way in remote location as is currently setup in urs.

So simpley enabling EIGRP will solve your problem.

Please clarify on link termination more to get a concrete answer.If possible give the network diagram with IP subnets( You must replace them with private IPs If they are live)

Regards

JD

Dear JD,

This is 2 MPLS link from 2 different service provider terminating on one router. its coming to my end CE router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: