service-module t1 remote-alarm-enable

no cdp enable

interface Serial0/3/0

description YYYY

ip address 192.168.252.2 255.255.255.252

ip load-sharing per-packet

no cdp enable

ok

on site two they have dsu/csu built into the wic. There is a RJ45 conencting to the smart jacks for both ciruits. On site 1 there is a CSU/DSU.

Over the last week Site two serial0/3/0 has been going down/down. Site 1 shows up/down. (BEcause it see's the line to the CSU/DSU im taking it).

I called the carrier and they are able to connect and loop to site 1. They can connect and see site two's smart jack. Unable to loop but there is no separate CSU/DSU.

I understand this may be a physical problem. cabling or internal card. I am in the process of making a loopback cable and replacing the current cable.

My question is, because this is a point to point connectin. Shouldnt there be a clock rate command on one side of this connection?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Donald

I am not sure why you would think there should be a clock rate command just because it is point to point. With CSU/DSU and connection to the provider network, it is likely that they are providing clock for the circuit - and in that case you do not need (and do not want) clock rate in your config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the speed of your channels. It will not show up in your config. Most in US should be set to 64Kb/s.

RTR1(config-controller)#channel-group 0 timeslots 24 speed ?

48 48 Kb/s

56 56 Kb/s

64 64 Kb/s

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card