cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 Problem

meerz
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using two WIC-1T in 2600, one is connected for E1 and other is serving 512Kb circuit and they are working fine. Now I upgraded to have WIC-2T in slot W0 for E1 and 512Kb circuit and WIC-1T in slot W1 for connecting another router back-to-back. When I try to use both cards at the same time all serial connections stop responding and if I pull WIC-1T out WIC-2T start working and If I try to configure both E1 and 512 circuit on WIC-2T it blocks 512 circuit. Please help solving this problem.

Regards

Meer

2 Replies 2

jstoecker
Level 1
Level 1

Meer,

You are not "hot plugging" or "hot unplugging" the WIC cards, (in other words, removing and inserting them with the router powered up) are you?

Also, your serial port numbers will change. You may already be compensating for this, but if you have a WIC 1T in the left slot, and you change the right slot from a WIC 1T to a WIC 2T, the left slot goes from being "serial 0/1" to "serial 0/2", so you have to "move" your config to the correct port.

What version of IOS do you have?

I have a 2613 in my lab with a WIC-2T in the right slot, and a WIC-1T in the left, both connected to other routers at 2Mbit, and they work fine - using IOS 12.3

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I have c2600-i-mz.123-19.bin with me handy and I downloaded it for 2620. Can you please tell that I can use it on 2610. I have 32 MB RAM and 8 MB flash.

Meer

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card