cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 Router port forwarding issue

Matt Bitner
Level 1
Level 1

I setup port forwarding for a security camera DVR that I have.  I can successfully access the camera feed form the outside, but cannot view the camera from the inside using the DDNS service address that I have setup for the DVR system.  Is there a seperate command that would need to be entered to use the DDNS address instead of the IP address?  It does work if I use the IP address with the port specified.  Although this works from a PC no issue, it becomes diffcuilt when using the app on my android phone that is set to the DDNS address for access to the feed while on the cell network, but will not work right now while connected to the wireless access point on the inside.  any suggestions? 

1 Reply 1

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

using the NAT NVI configuration will enable you to do NAT hairpinning.

to do this:replace all ip nat inside and outside commands by ip nat enable command plus no ip redirect then replace your static NAT and NAT overload entries by ones not using the inside keyword.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card