Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2611, a PIX 515, and two Internet connections?

We have a 2611 Internet Router in front of a PIX 515 that has always been used for all of our Internet traffic on a single T1. We 've recently added a second T1 to that router from a different ISP and I'd like to use the new connection for user web access. For now, I want the rest of the traffic, VPN, etc., to stay where it is on the original T1. Everything goes through the PIX, and the PIX does a dynamic NAT for generic Internet bound traffic so that all traffic that I'd like to redirect to the new T1 arrives at the inside interface of the Internet router with the same source address( 204.xxx.xxx.227). How can I grab that traffic, NAT it again to a new IP address that has been provided by the new ISP, and send it out the new T1 (Serial 0/1)? Is it even possible with the PAT being done by the PIX to double NAT?

Any help at all wouls be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 2611, a PIX 515, and two Internet connections?

You need a router and a PIX OS version that can support dot1q trunking for this to be done well. Then you could trunk between the lan interface of the router and the outside interface of the PIX. You can then manage the differing IP scopes from the ISPs on the subinterfaces of both devices and create nat statements that correspond. One other option would be to use multiple physical interfaces on the pix and connect one to each of the available ethernet ports on the router since this model has two. Then you could achieve the same thing by configuring the relavent nat statements on the corresponding physical interfaces using the same logic.

HTH pls rate!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content