cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2620 Remote Router IOS upgrade

jonathangamlin
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded the IOS of a router for a remote cusotmer site this morning. We are using encapsulation frame-relay IETF between the telco and my router. There is a T1 between teh telco and my router. After the upgrade was complete, I issued the reload command. I then lost connection, since I was telneted into the router, but then the interface never came back up. I had to have some one power cycle the router to get the interface back up. I have done this with other remote routers using the same encapsulation but with "service-module t1 timeslots 1-24" command and they came back up just fine. Is "service-module t1 timeslots 1-24" command required for IOS version 12.2(34)? Anyone have any insight into this situation?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan,

The 'service-module t1 timeslots 1-24' should be the default configuration on the T1 WIC DSUs. I highly doubt that was the cause of the problem. It's hard to guess what may have caused the router not to come back up after the reload and the best way to troubleshoot this would be to have out-of-band access via modem or terminal server.

Since the router and the interface did come backup after a power cycle it cannot be the configuration. A software reload isn't the same as power cycle and often times the WIC DSU mayn't initialize properly after a soft reload.

HTH

Sundar

Sundar,

Thank you very much for your reply. It does make sense that since the interface came back up after a power cycle there isn't a problem with the configuration. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: