Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2621XM fast ethernet issue

Hi, I am facing an strange problem. I am using cisco 2621XM router.

Router fast ethernet 0/0 is able to ping its ip itself but not ping LAN network users ip on the same subnet & vise-versa. Port status is showing up when network cable is plugged and down when cable is unplugged & also port is showing admin down when i shutting the port and showing up after no shut fa0/0 port.

1- I have connected my pc dirctly to router fa0/0 & erased all the configuration(only fa0/0 confiugred). ip given to pc and fa0/0 on the same subnet. but again not able to ping from router to PC and vise-versa.

2- Then I have connected my pc dirctly to router fa0/1 & erased all the configuration(only fa0/1 confiugred). ip given to pc and fa0/1 on the same subnet. Now i am able to ping from router to PC and vise-versa.

I also checked above two steps with latest IOS release but not successed.

Please help me out to identify exact cause and its solution.

Thanks in advance.......JEET

1 REPLY

Re: 2621XM fast ethernet issue

Hi Jeet,

You problem may be that you need to use a crossover cable to connect a PC directly into a router.

Or you can connect the PC to a switch with a straight-through cable and the router to the same switch with a straight-through cable.

Cheers:

Istvan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content