Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2621XM Internet Access

Hi Folks,

I'm totally new to Cisco Technology, so I don't have a clue! That said, I'm hoping that someone in here might be able to help me with a problem I am having.

I have recently acquired a 2621XM router, no software, just the router (cables are not a problem) and I want to be able to use it to connect my LAN to the Internet.

Some hopefully relevant info: My LAN is a 100Mbps ethernet network, and my internet connection is Broadband (ADSL).

Would it be possible for someone to go through how to set it up from scratch and the IOS? I've been working on it for hours now and I'm getting nowhere!

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Danny.

2 REPLIES

Re: 2621XM Internet Access

Danny,

When you say software do you mean the operating system? or documentation.

To see what IOS you have power up the router, connect via the console cable and hyperterminal. (settings 9600 8 none 1 no flow control)Hopefully you can login! type the command "sh ver" the info provided will include amount of ram, flash, and the IOS version. If no IOS software is loaded you will boot into rom monnitor mode and the prompt will look something like this

rom>

Is the rom prompt shows then we have a long way to go.

Gene

Re: 2621XM Internet Access

Hi

(1)What are the interfaces available?

(2)Since its a Broadband....what is the conversion type for the connection(ADSL/Ethernet/Switchport)

(3)Pls learn to bring the router to console from http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/index.htm

Then we can start

Pls give this output.

Regards

JD

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content