Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2621xm mounting interrupts causing horrid performance over a month

I have a strange situation. I had a 1721 out at a site, that had mounting interrupts, degrading VOIP performance until it needed to be rebooted every three weeks. We upgraded it to a 2621xm, and the same thing occured -- although after four weeks, instead of three weeks, and the quality was improved up to the failure point.

The log was full of these

Mar 7 09:06:18.386 PST: %SNMP-4-HIGHCPU: Process exceeds 200ms threshold (200ms IOS quantum) for GETNEXT of rmon.19.15.0--result rmon.19.16.0

Process interrupts went as high as 99%.

Things are better currently, and I've asterixed the changes that have been made recently. The IOS version is c2600-ipbasek9-mz.124-17a.bin with 98 megs/32 megs of memory. I have been through http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a00800a70f2.shtml and http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a00800a70f2.shtml. There is no process over 2% in show proc cpu. Show ip traffic had nothing interesting. Show int switching had 2:3 process:fast switching on the multilink, and 3:1 p:f for the chars. (After the asterixed changes, things improved to 1:3 and 1:10, so we may be on the path to improvement. Process interrupts have improved as well.)

Any idea what caused this? I'd love to hear theories...

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 2621xm mounting interrupts causing horrid performance over a

Seems a case of data structure trashing, or memory fragmentation. These are not good things, and can require a lot of time be sorted out. I suggest you seek help from the TAC, be very proactive in sending alla the requested data, ask for escalation and be patient.

Re: 2621xm mounting interrupts causing horrid performance over a

Views
Helpful
Replies