Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2691 High kbps hits on Null0 interface

Hi,

I'm running Solarwinds Real-Time Interface Monitor, in which I am monitoring one of my remote routers, which is a 2691 VPN bundled device. I'm troubleshooting high latency issues which is hurting my site to site Microsoft exchange connector. Supposedly, high latency will prevent the RPC binding process from initiating successfully and therefore the reason why my mail queues are building up during business hours.

Anyway, I'm looking at the stats and there is an interface that I am not familiar with, which is the Null0 interaface.

Bytes received are high at 862kbps and the bytes transmitted is 0 bps.

This is a T1 connected site.

Other interfaces:

serial1/0 374kbps in and 174kbps out

tunnel111 in 49.1 kbps and 135kbps out

fastethernet0/1 in 240kbps in and 464 kbps out

I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this before I go ahead and open a TAC case.

Regards

Jeff

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 2691 High kbps hits on Null0 interface

Null0 is a default interface on the router to which all the packets are dropped to if there is no alternate destination available to be routed to. Turn on IP cache flow on the interfaces and determine which source and destination is created this flow to be dropped on the Null0 interface.

Re: 2691 High kbps hits on Null0 interface

Hi,

I'm unsure of the command format and onto which interface this should be applied, and I need to know if this enablement could cause service loss.

Please advise

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content