Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2800 or 3800 router Forwarding rates?

Due to some IP/layer three changes on a provider, we need to introduce a WAN router into our network. The link is a metro ethernet internet pipe @ 10Mbps, and yes, we pretty much have the pipe saturated at 100%/10Mbps most of the time. I am not finding anything noting the forwarding rates for either devices. Any suggestions on which router would be better? Am I nuts for looking at these and should really be looking at a 7200?

The router also would not be doing anything but layer 3 routing of public IP addresses in a static config with some possible QoS. The physical requirements are two routed FE or GE interfaces, 1 to LAN, 1 to provider. Also, I would like to plan for some headroom for much needed additional bandwidth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2800 or 3800 router Forwarding rates?

Hi,

Go to this page:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/quickreference/index.html

Scroll down and check out the "Router Performance" pdf, it should give you all the info you need.

HTH

Andrew.

3 REPLIES

Hi,

Go to this page:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/quickreference/index.html

Scroll down and check out the "Router Performance" pdf, it should give you all the info you need.

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew. That is exactly what I what I needed.

For your setup take c1812 router. I've done a lot of performance testing with this router in the lab and find it best router for the money whether without or with IPsec and/or QoS.

Views
Helpful
Replies