cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 router

jose.jimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please tell me what the commands are to cut and paste ATM parameters (using notepad) into router using hyperterminal?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Using a console cable, Connect to the router via hyperterminal with Com 1 , 9600, 8, None, 1, Hardware. Once you are logged into the router, you should probable change to prvileged mode with the enable command. After that, enter the config t command, and then choose your interface or stay in global configuration

From Notepad, highlight the ATM paramters, press ctrl + C, switch to your Hyperterminal, Go to Edit menu and choose paste to host. I have had problems with using the Ctrl + V shortcut.

Hope this helps Let me know. Thanks

View solution in original post

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

If i understand you correct, you just have to do "show run", and copy the desired configuration and paste it into notepad and edit it if you'd like (or may be you are already having it in your notepad, if thus then just do the following) then copy and paste it to the desired router while in the configuration mode ("conf t"), it is that simple.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Using a console cable, Connect to the router via hyperterminal with Com 1 , 9600, 8, None, 1, Hardware. Once you are logged into the router, you should probable change to prvileged mode with the enable command. After that, enter the config t command, and then choose your interface or stay in global configuration

From Notepad, highlight the ATM paramters, press ctrl + C, switch to your Hyperterminal, Go to Edit menu and choose paste to host. I have had problems with using the Ctrl + V shortcut.

Hope this helps Let me know. Thanks

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

If i understand you correct, you just have to do "show run", and copy the desired configuration and paste it into notepad and edit it if you'd like (or may be you are already having it in your notepad, if thus then just do the following) then copy and paste it to the desired router while in the configuration mode ("conf t"), it is that simple.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card