Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 Bonded ADSL Issue

knghtandyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am a real newbie with Cisco products, but I have been tasked to troubleshoot a bonded adsl issue with a 2811 router.

The client is complaining of slow speeds, somewhere around 12k per line on a 4x512k connection. When asked to speedtest each line individually he has reported to me that if one line is disconnected while the connection is established, all other lines drop with it. We can speed check each line with another stand alone router but does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot the multiple connection drop issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps, these are UK adsl PPPoA connections, vpi-0 pci-38, VCMUX.

Regards,

Andy Knight.

2 Replies 2

Hello Andy,

there is a bug which might apply to your problem:

CSCdw58089

In the past, IP connectivity was lost on a multilink bundle when the size of the bundle decreased to a single link member. This problem has been fixed.

Although it is supposed to be fixed, newer IOS versions could experience the same problem. Can you post the output of 'show version', as well as the configuration of your router ?

Regards,

GP

Hello,

I'm afraid not. The router in question is a managed/rented unit so I would need to pass firmware issues to our systems department.

Could the issue with IOS cause the slow speeds or use of only one line?

I was planning to speedtest each line individually with a stand alone router, then troubleshoot the bundle issue.

Thankyou very much for the reply, I'll pass the info over.

Regards,

Andy Knight.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card