Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 PBR Int Null0 Problem

chrisayres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-18b.bin on a 2811 doesn't allow me to set Interface Null0 in a route-map to bin packets when PBR next hops are not avaliable. It says I have to use P2P interfaces for the "set interface".

Does ayone know a workaround that doesn't involve an IOS upgrade as the router is 5 hours away and I can't risk it not coming back after the reload

Regards

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris

This works on my router without any warnings but it may not on yours -

ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 null0

route-map PBR permit 10

match ip address 101

set ip next-hop 1.1.1.1

if that doesn't work then the only thing i can think of is to set a next-hop of another router that will not have a route to the destination network and doesn't have a default-route so it just drops the packets. Not ideal i know

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

Just a quick check. Is it a warning or will it just not accept the command. On my router (3745) running 12.4 it warns about it but still allows you to use it.

Jon

Jon,

It won't accept the command

Chris

Chris

This works on my router without any warnings but it may not on yours -

ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 null0

route-map PBR permit 10

match ip address 101

set ip next-hop 1.1.1.1

if that doesn't work then the only thing i can think of is to set a next-hop of another router that will not have a route to the destination network and doesn't have a default-route so it just drops the packets. Not ideal i know

Jon

Jon

Thanks, I am currently using a P2P int that as an ACL blocking the traffic but I think your sloution is better for others looking at the config later.

Hi,

can you paste the running configuration of  your acl,interface and route-map.

suspecting the config of ACL.just refer the old post related to PBR with null interface configuration.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/164351.pdf;jsessionid=99439E40017A35169F47856E3E4BF086.node0

regards

karuppu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: