Helpful
Replies

2811 routers

gurkamal01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i just bought a BCSI lab companion book for CCNP

The router mentioned in the book for the labs are 3 2811 routers with 12.4 advanced IP services image of IOS

what i have at home is a two 2620(16F/64DRAM) routers with wic 1t and ios 12.3

and 1 2520 router with 12.1 IOS and 8F/16DRAM

so total i have three routers

i cant afford to buy the 2811 routers now

my question can i use the routers i already have for the lab workbook which desires three 2811 routers with 12.4 IOS ?

The the only alternative is I can buy another router which is not as expensive as the 2811 routers to replace the 2520 which i already have

please advice

Thanks

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, It is not necessary that you buy 2811 or anything specific. All routers are good to study.

But, you need to buy a contract support that will give access to IOS upgrades (available at any cisco reseller), and full flash/ram expansions for the routers that you already have. You also need the dte/dce cables for wic-1t.

I can suggest a very serious memory supplier if you contact me at the address present in my profile.

Hi

appreciate your response

but is important for me to have a an Ios upgrade on the existing routers i have (12.3 on 2620 and 12.1 on 2520)and increase the memory of existing routers rather than buying the 2811 routers

wont the existing IOS be good

Hi, check your requirment @ http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/ Thanks Goutam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card