Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2811 - T3 Connection

Hello Everyone,

We are upgrading our connection to a fractional T3 (18mb). We may possibley go to a full T3 in a couple of years.

I confirmed with Cisco that our router can handle a T3. However, our ISP is giving us a little opposition about using our 2811 and want us to upgrade our router.

Does anyone have any input?

3 REPLIES

Re: 2811 - T3 Connection

The 2811 supports only subrate DS3.

I would suggest that you upgrade to a 38xx router for a T3 connection

Narayan

Super Bronze

The 2811 can support a T3 interface, but it doesn't have the performance to support line rate. In fact, 18 Mbps (duplex) is likely to be difficult for a 2811 to run at full speed too. (If the link isn't often loaded, it works fairly well.)

For a full T3, the safe recommendation would be a 3845, but from personal experience the 3825 seems to often do well too. (From it's specs, the 2851 might come close.)

PS:

BTW, I've worked with a 2811 connected to T-3. With complex service config, handles a load of our 10 Mbps (duplex) okay, beyond that it runs out of CPU (NB: CPU is busy at 10 Mbps).

Thanks the input and for the recommended models.

We're not doing any services on the router. It basically acts as a bridge to our firewall. Hopefully this will lessen the load.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content