Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 - VPN

melwin.uk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

25 roaming users needs to connect to the network and access application.

It can be 25 concurrent or max 25 connections. It needs to be secured and authentication through ACS integration.

Will 2811 fullfill the requirement. Do I need any additional License?

Do I need Cisco VPN Client? All users are running Windows7 or XP.

Do I need a Firewall or 2811 can be configured with good security

Thanks

Mel

4 Replies 4

Hi,

What are you planning to do with the 2811? Terminate the VPNs and wireless connections?

For the wireless you will need a 2811 wireless router.

For the VPN, you need an IOS that supports encryption.

The 2811 can also be your Firewall.

You will need a VPN client on the machines (unless you connect via PPTP)

The 2811 can talk to the ACS.

In short, you can accomplish all this with only the 2811 (the right model) since there is little amount of traffic.

You can also have more equipment if you don't want to rely on a single device.

Federico.

Hi

I got  IOS with K9 supporting VPN.

If I got One Static IP and Two 2811 Router, how do I configure redundancy for VPN users.

How many SSL Client do I get on 2811 by default, what steps I need to enable this feature.

Thanks

Mel

The IOS supports VPN.

Having one single IP does not really allow for redundancy for VPN clients using two routers.

You can connect several SSL clients and you can have SSL acceleration via the module  AIM-VPN/SSL-3 if needed.

Do you have a setup in mind that you can post, so that we can comment on it and try to help you out?

Federico.

Hi

I will plug the configuration on the router, do a test and post it a day or two.

thanks

Mel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco