cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 with VWICs

cISCOJester
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 with a VWIC for support of data and voice transmission across the point to point T1 WAN to my Nortel BCM phone service (the other end is a 1801 with VWIC). My question is: i am having trouble finding the appropriate CLI commands for proper configuration of the VWIC to balance the data transmission (minimal 6 clients) and voice transmission (10 IP phones), provide appropriate encapsulation, and configure the QoS across this line. I also am concerened that the VWIC may not be enogh and i may need an add in module. Any help would be appreciated

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

On the Cisco 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845 voice platforms, you need one or more PVDM2 DSP cards in order to support VIC and VWICs

a-vazquez,

Sorry i have been out of town.

I have a 2811 with a HWIC in slot 1 and a VWIC in slot 2, the VWIC has 2 ports.

In the the 2801 i have a VWIC with one port in slot 1. Its my understanding that this set up will work with the following senario:

2811 out the HWIC to T1 internet connection. One port in the VWIC to my point to point T1 onnection to the 2801 VWIC point to point connection. The 2811 provides the internet connection to the 2801 LAN and also the connection to my Nortel IP phone system.

Please advise if there is an issue or if you need more info into the setup. I have posted to the IP Phone End User forum about QoS in this setup with a reply in the affirmative from Brandon.

Thank you!

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card