cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 & Multiple T1's

Snydersh1_2
Level 1
Level 1

I need to support up to 4 T1's using a 2821 and I do not need to support voice. The only card I find that can support multiple T1's is a VWIC card which has 2 ports. Are there WIC cards that support at least 2 T1's per card?

2 Replies 2

bella
Level 1
Level 1

There is the list. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

The maximal density is 2xT1 per card. The bad news - 28xx doesn't support more then one such a card on it.

How many wic slots do you have available?

There are no 4 port t1 cards. You can use a hwic-4t if you use external CSU/DSU.

The V in the VWIC does not mean it is a voice only card. It does support data as well. I have many of these and you can put more than one in a 2800 router.

The only issue with these cards is that they only contain a single clock. This in general does not cause problems but you may have to run other than line clocking on both ports in some situations.

VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 has separate clocks since it can run t1 and e1 at the same time. This board is a lot more expensive because of that feature.

You can also just run 4 wic-1t cards but that wastes slots and it will be cheaper to use 2 vwic-2mft-t1 cards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card