Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2821 routers dying on me

Hi All,

Our company a few years ago replaced all it's routers. We bought a load of 2821's, installing 1 each at our sites. (1841's for backup)

Now it's happened 3 times so far - a power failure on site and the router doesn't work when the power comes back.

Yes we have UPS but the power outage lasts longer and eventually the UPS batteries drain.

Now, have we got a dodgy batch of 2821s? Or what's going on?

When consoled to the router AFTER it's gone, you get no response at all. However the power light and the onboard Gig interfaces light up with a cable attached. No ping response either.

Would I be better to remove the RPS cable and power down the router next time there's an outage?

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 REPLY

2821 routers dying on me

I think you can chalk it up to being power supply issues. How many would you say you have? 30? 300? You would want to take into consideration 3 routers out how many you have and how many years ago you bought them. I've had a couple of 2811s die on me in the last two years, but we just replace them.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.