cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2851 Module Help

jharris2006
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of adding a T1 to a current voice gateway and have a question on some of the slots on a 2851.

Current module Use:

Interface Card Slots:

- 2 vic-4fxo

- 1 vwic2-2mft-t1

- 1 vic-4fxs/did

Also theres an NM-HD-2VE with 2 x vic-4fxs/DID cards in it

I need to add another T1 Interface (for data). Only t1's for data are available form the service provide as the client is in the sticks.

I'm not sure if I can order NM-HD module and put it in one the bottom slots on the 2851 as i'm not sure the usage of those slots.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/ps5882/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68_ps5854_Products_Data_Sheet.html

From this doc i'm guess the bottem slot is for EVM cards only.

Basically I need to accomplish fitting in:

3 x 4fxs/did cards.

2 x vwic2-2mft-t1 cards.

2 x vic2-4fxo cards.

In a 2851. Is this possible or am I looking at another router?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For what are you using the vwic2-2mft-t1 ? If for data you could replace it with one HWIC-4T1/E1.

Alternatively I would try to collapse all analog voice on an EVM cards, freeing the WIC slots.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For what are you using the vwic2-2mft-t1 ? If for data you could replace it with one HWIC-4T1/E1.

Alternatively I would try to collapse all analog voice on an EVM cards, freeing the WIC slots.

Thanks!

Nothing less expected. A bunch of your posts on other issues have help me along the way as well.

HWIC-4T1/E1 is the best answer. T1's are just for data so it works.

Side-note:

They use 12 ports for fxs/dids so I couldnt collapse into the EVM cards as those only do 8 ports a module. So slot usage would remain the same.

Yes you can further collapse into an EVM if you want, there are daughter modules like 8-FXS, 8-FXO, and even an oddball 7 ports mixed. You need a dedicated patch panel for the EVM but that adds neatness to the installation.

Your appreciation is very welcome and good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card