Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3 ISP link issue

Hi All,

Witnessing a strange issue in our setup.

I will try to sum up everything as below:

* We have 3 ASR ( ISP Managed) on which we had terminated 3 ISP MPLS links.

* 6500 is connected with those 3 ASR.

* Out of those 3 links, 2 are in production in load sharing mode ( BGP multilink)

* No problem or even no intermittent problem witness as long as we run on 2 ISP links

* As soon as we introduce 3rd link, we start getting all sort of problem with Voice call issues to ghost call to one way voice, etc.

* Voice is already market with EF on IP Phone and is honoured and put in priority queue on 6500

* No drops observed to ASRs or even remote edge sites.

* No collision, CRC or any other errors witnessed.

* ISP says no problem observered at their end.

I have now run out of ideas to troubleshoot the issue. I definate think issue should be be with that particular 3rd ISP link; however ISP says to provide them proof for further action.

Any directional or conceptual help highly appriciated.

PS: Due to NDA, I won't be able to provide any command outputs, however I can check anything particular you need and give you feedback.

Regards,

Smitesh Kharecha

Message was edited by: smitesh kharecha

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Smitesh

The only thing i can think of is the that the third ISP is not honouring your markings correctly.

I am assuming that with your existing ISPs you have QOS provided by them within the MPLS cloud ?

So even though you may not be seeing any drops at the remote end that does not mean they are being delivered within the time contraints required by VOIP.

Jon

Thanks Jon,

I had already checked by making basic ACL matching packets for EF and tried end to end extended ping, which were succesfull.

I confirm EF is honoured in telco cloud.

What else can be the reason.

Regards,

Smitesh

Smitesh

I doubt this could be the problem as you are already running ovet two separate ISP links but i was wondering about packets arriving out of order because you have multiple links. Out of order packets can significantly affect voice packets so i wonder if this could be an issue.

Like i say, unlikely, but just suggesting possible causes.

Jon

Jon,

Just a clarification, all 3 links are from same ISP.

As far as your doubts goes over packet arriving out of order, even I doubted the same, however I'm still wondering how to check that and what action as such can be taken to rectify out of order packet arrival issue.

Regards,

Smitesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card