I'm having some weird issues with our 3560 that's connected to an MPLS line. The speed of the port plugged into the providers equipment is 100Mb, but we're only allocated 10Mb of bandwidth from them, I tried to police our traffic out of the port using srr-queue bandwidth limit 10, however when I do that I get some really weird bandwidth results.
Using iperf I've run bandwidth tests with srr-queue bandwidth limit enabled and with it disabled, when it's disabled I get the full 10Mb as expected, however once I enable it I'm lucky to get 5Mb, and while the test is running connectivity between sites is almost useless (which is not the case if I disabled bandwidth limit). Is there anything special I should be doing when I have this enabled? I also have priority-queue out enabled with only one dscp marking placed in queue 1, with very little traffic hitting that queue, but regardless of what I do I can't get the expected bandwidth with the bandwidth limit command, even if I place my iperf traffic in that priority queue.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...